Thursday, January 2, 2014

My "Rules" for the New Year

We have just entered into a new year and this year has a lot to hold! I wanted to share some of my own personal rules that help keep me sane with a crazy on-the-go lifestyle! 

1. If you set a resolution and break it, don't get discouraged! You can always get back on track! I do this with clean eating. Man do I enjoy sweets! It's good to have them every now and then, just in moderation ;-) 

2. It's ok to take time to relax. The other day I sat down and tried to remember the last time I was at home all day with nothing to do, and I honestly had no clue. It had been months since I had been home for a whole entire day (on the weekend). So I cancelled plans, and made it my goal to do nothing but stay at home and to get things finished around the house. I felt so refreshed on Monday! It is ok to take time  to do things for yourself. :-) 

3. Be accepting of your spouse's hobby! I giggle when I say this because mine is obviously shopping! Sean tells me he doesn't see how I could possibly want more clothes...Sean's hobby is his cars. Our driveway currently has 5 vehicles, a boat, and a motorcycle which drives me insane (OCD) but this makes Sean happy... We accept eachothers hobbies! 

4. Pay it forward. I truly believe in this act. Always think of others before yourself. Be kind to people you don't know (and the ones that you do!). Your kind action may turn their terrible day into a better one. That's why I love southern hospitality. 

5. Stay positive. It is very easy to get frustrated. But just remind yourself that we have a great life...The things that frustrate us are minor in the long-run! 

Happy New Year!
Kayla 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment!I love this outfit!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment!I love this outfit!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete