Saturday, January 4, 2014

Flannel and Boots



 

Shirt: JCrew  Scarf: JCrew (sold out) similar  
Boots: Michael Kors 
 
Boy is it windy today! I was finally able to take some pictures for the blog, and I am so happy! It has been too long... I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I started looking at bridesmaid dresses today and there are way to many to choose from. It doesn't help that I am very indecisive when it comes to picking things out like this. I think we have narrowed it down though, thank goodness!
 
I have had people ask me lately how to have a versatile wardrobe on a budget. One rule of thumb for myself is do not buy something if it isn't on sale. Stores will always run a sale whether it be a coupon they send out, etc so wait until they have a sale. If not, try to find something similar that is a better price! I like to buy things I can layer and turn it into a different outfit. For example, if I were to wear a fur vest over this shirt and VOILA... it completely changes the look.
 
I was gifted these gorgeous Michael Kors boots for Christmas, and let me tell you, they are so comfortable. Although they are a higher price point, they will last a long time for many seasons to come and they go with so many different things.
 
A versatile wardrobe is all about finding items that will match a lot of different things. I try to stay with neutral tones and then add a pop of color. That way I can wear my neutrals year round!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. so so cute! flannel is my favorite this time of year! x

    natalieoffduty.com

    Natalie Off Duty

    ReplyDelete