Sunday, September 1, 2013

Clean(er) eating

Ok guys, I have had a request for tips on eating "healthier". As you may know Sean and I both like to eat pretty healthy which can be a very hard thing to do when first starting! (Trust me I am a Mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, fried chicken kinda girl) but once you get used to eating healthier it is actually very good! 

So I will just start with what I'm having for dinner tonight (thanks to my dear friend for the idea!)
Stuffed Turkey Peppers
All you need is:
ground turkey (we buy 99% lean) 
Bell peppers
Onion
Cheddar cheese (not the healthiest but use minimally)
Plain Greek yogurt
Spices of your choice pref with no sodium- (mrs dash has a great selection)
My spices are
Garlic and Herb
Chili powder 
Italian medley
Cumin

First, brown your turkey and add all spices and diced onion 
Then gut and cut your peppers. I cut mine in half... It's easier to eat 

Next, stuff the peppers and sprinkle a teensy amount of cheese on top! 

Cook on 350 for 20 mins.


Easy enough! 
After its finished, you can top with Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream.  It tastes exactly the same. Delicious. 

A few more tips:

I'm sure you've heard this 1,000 times but drink water! I try to drink a gallon per day. 

Plan your meals out for the week and cook them ahead of time. When we are in a rush it is easy to grab something quick ie fast food so plan ahead

One staple I cook to take to lunch is crock pot Fajitas. Here is the link 
http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-chick
en-fajitas-308987

It usually only takes half the time as directed 
And makes four lunches! 

Here are a few of my fav mrs dash seasonings 

Enjoy :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment